Thursday, April 22, 2010

two days till the bidding

Okay, I am a ball of emotion! As the day draws nearer for the bidding I am getting really tense. I caught all the horses earlier to get ready to leave for the rodeo. I put Tee Jay in a stall and fed him. He would not eat, he just sat at his stall door and watched with his ears perked up. After about 10 minutes of watching him watch me I walked over to make sure he was okay. He just leaned over the stall and nudged me. I guess he can tell that I am really tense right now too. Usually when I am tense he is tense, but today he seemed so relaxed about it. I couldnt help but laugh. All the other horses were just being butts. LOL They love to antagonize me when I am upset. Run around and tease me when I need to catch them. They think its so funny! Those jokers.
SPLASH, he has been on a roll that last couple of days. He opened up the gate to the big field and let himself in with the brood mares. Luckily I walked out right when this crime of opening the gate was being committed and told him he better get his painted little hiney right back in his paddock or those mares were going to eat him alive. He pretended to ignore me a few more minutes even though he was looking right at me the whole time. He just ate a few more blades of grass and I put my hand on my hip as if to say I am going to give you one for chance to come back or the mares can have you for breakfast. He looked up and walked as slowly as he possibly could back into his paddock. I quickly locked and rigged the gate hoping maybe he wouldnt get it open again. Only to come out this morning and find he had let Magi out of her stall. He is such a houdini.
Dollar followed me around like a puppy this morning too. I have him grazing in my front yard at the moment with our yearling Trooper. Trooper was our orphan from last year and he has not really been socialized with other horses. He was so little and we were so worried that the other horses would hurt him. Now he has gone thru a huge growth spurt and needs some horsey manners. So he got turned out with Dollar the mustang cause I knew he would teach him some. He has been a very patient and kind teacher. I cant turn him out with my other guys cause he beats up on them. But trooper hasnt had a mark on him. Ive seen Dollar get after him but he does it in such a good way. Trooper is understanding (kind of) that he is a horse now. LOL Trooper on the other hand has been a pain all morning. He is not taking my frustrations very well. He doesnt want to have anything to do with me today. He is confused. that is okay though. He is only 10 months old. Dollar splash and tee jay know how to handle me when I am on edge. Especially Dollar and tee jay. Such good boys. Well, I am going to go finish getting the trailer put together for this weekend. Keeps my mind off of everything. WHEW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment