Sunday, April 25, 2010

I won lot #9!!!!





Okay, Saturday did not start out very good. There was a horrible storm that came thru where we were at in Linden Texas Friday night. We get up early to get to our friend Donnies parents house in Mt. pleasant about 45 minutes away because they have RFDTV. We get there and nothing is working. The storm has knocked out the satellite. I am freaking at this point. Im already an emotional ball of crazyness, haha. Okay, satellite company says its a no go, they cant figure out whats wrong. We are all just looking at each other like, what the heck do we do now. I call my sponsor, Terry, and tell him he might just have to watch and tell me over the phone whats going on. Then I thought the public library should have internet access. So we all jump in the car with an hour to spare and find the nearest library. Whew, okay, I got it pulled up, but no sound. LOL. What a day!
The bidding starts and I have Terry on one phone to one ear, I have the auction on another phone to the other ear. The auction lady kept asking me to speak up, and I am trying to tell her I am in a library. She was great cause she just really listened for me when I was saying yes, since I was whispering it. It was CRAZY. On top of all this, I have a camera following my every move and one of the other girls on the team commentating on what was going on. LOL. Thanks to the Mt. Pleasant library for not kicking us out, we appreciate it.
Luckily I got my first pick. Lot #9. A big beautiful bay with two back socks. I love him already and I have only seen him in a video. I will say I am feeling a little overwhelmed. I knew this competition was going to be a big one but I am starting to hear all these big name trainers that got horses and I am feeling like I got in way over my head. LOL. I keep telling myself, the experience. Its all about the experience. Just to be in the arena and get to soak in their awesomeness is going to be worth it.
Well that is what is happening so far in a nut shell, I will update more as it comes about! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hey sweetheart. I am your first follower, LOL!! Had to start my own blog so I could post this comment and any others I might want to post. Can't wait for pictures after you pic your guy up. I may come drive with you to go and get him.

    ReplyDelete