Friday, June 4, 2010

Thursday june 3 and Friday June 4

Thursday was a rough day with Boozer.  He is testing me a lot!  I have been working him but I guess because I have been a little timid with him he was taking advantage.  He was the leader not me.  That changed yesterday.  I finally decided enough was enough and worked him pretty hard and made him mind.  By then end of the session he was dripping a lake.  BUT, we had a break thru.  He started following my like a puppy dog.  It has pretty much been on his terms until yesterday.
This morning when I went to his pen, he came right to me.  That was a first.  Usually he turns and faces me but never comes to me.  When I went to catch him this afternoon he met me halfway.  I went to saddle him and he kind of gave me a little grief, which was a first, he never moves when being saddled.  I worked him around a couple times and then he was like okay, you really do mean business Ill be good.  We worked in the round pen for just a little bit then I helped Chris work one of our other colts and we rode in the arena.  He did really good.  Loped our first circles in the open.  He really has a hard time going to the right.  Left, he is perfect.  We worked around the poles and barrels and figure eights trotting.  I was happy with him today.  I got off loosened the saddle and again he was following me like a puppy.  I finally became the leader.  I just had to grow a pair!  LOL

PS
sorry about pictures, I have a ton to load but for some reason they are taking forever.  I tried to load one before Boozers afternoon workout and 3 hours later it was still loading.   I am really not sure if it is this site or my internet.  The other pictures that I have loaded didnt take long at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment